Front Porch Blues Bash
Columbus Day Weekend - October 6-8, 2016
An ever-eclectic gathering of performers marks the Delta Cultural Center’s musical contribution to each October’s King Biscuit Blues Festival. The Delta Cultural Center’s Front Porch Blues Bash in the Miller Annex, just 1 block from the Main Stage, is one of the annual event’s closely guarded secrets. Though open to the public and free of charge, blues fans arrive early to claim a seat inside the venue and regularly pack the small space, with audiences spilling out onto Cherry Street.
The Miller Annex, which can comfortably seat about 100, provides the most intimate venue at the festival, offering solo performers and small bands, newcomers and legendary veterans. The Front Porch Blues Bash offers a range of performers and musical styles that festival-goers may not find anywhere else during the three-day event of constant musical offerings. Brief lectures and award presentations also add to the unique vibe at The Miller.
FREE LIVE MUSIC!
Thursday, October 6
- 1 - 4 p.m. - Front Porch Blues Jam
Friday, October 7
- 12 - 12:40 p.m - Stephen "The Bluesman" Duncan
- 1 - 1:40 p.m. - Guitar Mac MacKnally
- 2 - 2:40 p.m. - Brotha Ric Patton
- 3 - 3:45 p.m. - Ben Wiley Payton
- 4 - 4:45 p.m. - Bill "Howl-N-Madd" Perry
- 5 - 5:45 p.m. - Kenny Brown Band
Saturday, October 8
- 12 - 12:40 p.m. - Richard "Rip Lee" Pryor
- 1 - 1:45 p.m. - Robert Kimbrough Sr. Blues Connection
- 2 - 2:45 p.m. - Willie Cobbs
- 3 - 3:45 p.m. - Vasti Jackson
- 4 - 4:45 p.m. - Kenny "Beedy Eyes" Smith Band
- 5 - 6 p.m. - Front Porch Youth Jam